Understanding Landscaping Insurance Cost for your Business

A group of policies that secure a landscaping business’s assets is landscaping insurance. The policies you need will depend on several factors, also the cost of landscaping insurance. General liability is the most usual lawn care business insurance policy. This pays for property damage and non-employees’ injuries. Landscapers’ general liability insurance begins at $2,200 yearly. Yet, extra policies are mostly needed by landscapers and that improve all costs.

The factors that affect the total cost of your lawn care insurance include the business location, the services, and the size you can offer. Landscaping insurance is used to describe various policies you might need once you’re in the lawn care and landscaping business.

Landscaper Insurance Cost

            The type of coverage your business must have is the greatest factor that impacts the landscaper insurance cost. Connecting with third parties and their property is the main aspect of any landscaping business. Your premiums are identified by what type of insurance and how much coverage you select.

General liability insurance offers coverage for advertising and personal injury. Property damage, and third-party bodily injury. Yet, what happens if your equipment and tools are stolen, lost, or damaged? Because tools and equipment are known as first-party property. You must need an extra type of coverage called Business Equipment Protection.

Business Equipment Protection includes the equipment that travels with you from one job site to another job site.

landscaping insurance

What are the pricing options and coverage for landscaping insurance?

            Landscapers usually have a combination of coverage in their insurance package, this includes:

  • General liability- if bodily damage or injury to someone else or their property exists
  • Contractors’ E&O- if you’re being complained of defective work
  • Commercial auto- if you often drive for work
  • Workers’ compensation- if your employee or you has an accident
  • Commercial property- you own your building, work from home, or lease property
  • Tools and equipment- if your tools are stolen, damaged, or lost